Saturday, April 17, 2010
An Adventure
Hi again everyone! It have been quite a while since I last blogged. It was because of the homework that is given everyday. Haha. So, today I'm going to share with you about my first time volunteering to help by taking care of dogs at the centre near Lim Chu Kang Road. It's called the "Pet Dog Kennel" i guess. Anyways, it was such an enjoyable experience for me too so that I will be mentally prepared for my trip to the Elephant Nature Park as it should be as tough as this or tougher. It was very fun to observe how the puppies and dogs interact with each other. At times, they tend to play around trying to bite on our pants/shorts. I went there with my cousin and sister. We prepared so much food but we did eat a single thing at all. Now, let me tell you more about the place. It has been owned by someone for sometime also. It takes in dogs that are all stray ones or the ones that have some problems. When we first arrived there, I was so grumpy and sticky because the long walk from the bus-stop to the centre was so HOT! We totally craved for many things on our way there. Ok, so when we reached there, we cooled down but I did not know how we did it because there was no fan at all. A woman then took us for a mini tour just around the kennels which I got to see many different kind of dogs. There were so ADORABLE! After the instructions were given to us, we first went to the section where all the puppies stay at. Most of them were stray ones but were friendly towards us. I felt so happy and satisfied! I just stayed with the puppies while my cousin and my sister went to the other sections and played with the other dogs. I wanted to but I had phobia of them. So, after an hour of playing with the dogs and puppies, we were given a task to paint the fences that were rusty. We met a group of volunteers happily helping too! We wore the "durian" gloves and took a piece of cloth. The paint was in a container and we were supposed to dip the cloth in it and paint. The painting was so boring and tiring. Luckily halfway through painting the fences, MacDonalds came to our rescue even though we had paint on our fingers. It was ok. After that, we resumed again and finished off at about 4pm. We washed up and were ready to go back home. Thankfully, my cousin's friend gave us a lift which we quickly agreed to it. He dropped us at the Clementi Mrt station. We then decided to give ourselves a little treat for our hard work. After we were SUPER satisfied, we took a train back to my cousin's house to bath and get rid of the germs. We reached her place at about 8pm and immediately my sister went first. It was then 11pm and we finished resting and watched a movie, Monsters Inc. She then sent us back home and I was so relieved to be back home again. Ok, I guess maybe the next post is going to be on the trip to Thailand with my sister. Thank you and home sweet home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great update! The place is called Action for Singapore Dogs (ASD), by the way, not Pet Dog Kennel. Haha. Good to know you enjoyed yourself. Maybe when we go again next week, they'll let us walk the dogs. :D Love you baby!
ReplyDeleteEh, you didn't mention how Ja Ja seems to love looking at you eat Big Mac and how you "stole" my Filet-o-fish! Next time we go there, let's bring a bottle of gassy drink and put it in ASD's fridge. Also, let's get Phua Chu Kang boots!
ReplyDeletekakdia: oh,haha. ok, we will have fun with them! love u!
ReplyDeletekak juli: ya seyy! i guess me and jaja are good friends... but seriously he very kesian seyy.
ReplyDelete